Monday 7 May 2012

29/28 Yes I know... but it's the Last one :-)


 I think that this is one of the most important messages for me, if you're not willing to try something which takes you outside your comfort zone then you are never going to move on.  You will just keep on doing what you've always done, and yes maybe you will make some small improvements to your life, but if you really want to take control you have to make the choice and be what John from PinPoint Fitness calls an 'Action Taker' at the end of the day, the only person who can make you is you :-)

This is my last post on this blog, it's day 29/28 and I'm a little behind because as I explained last night, was away over the weekend...  I won't post on here again as it was for a specific purpose, this blog was to record the 28 (29) days that I was a Guinea Pig with John and Pamela and to tell you how I got on.  If you just want to find out what I'm up to, and see if I can continue to make inroads into losing fat and lbs, then you can follow me on my other blog which I started last year to record my year in running, it's called  Running through 2011 oddly enough :-)

I'd love it if you did pop over and say a cyber hello and keep in touch, it's been great to see so many people liking my posts each evening, and I hope that in some small way I've inspired you.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without the PinPoint Fitness team behind me - I know that for a fact because I have tried on a number of occasions over the past few years, and never been successful.  If you are at all interested in taking the challenge for yourself, please get in touch with them - they're nice people, happy to chat to you and find out what you hope to achieve and then help you to get there.  Remember...

So what was the final outcome of my 28 day program?  I am delighted to say that in total I lost 8lbs in weight and 22cms in measurements, this hopefully means that the weight I've lost is fat hence the reduction in measurements.
When we were in Glasgow at the weekend, I bought a new dress, I was going to pick up a size 16 as usual, but John persuaded me that it looked to big and I took it and a 14 to the changing room, but there was an enormous queue - I HATE queueing!!!  Needless to say I didn't try the dresses on but as we were only across the road from the shops I decided to buy the size 14 and try it on in the hotel, I could always take it back the following morning...  I was absolutely gobsmacked the next morning - the dress zipped all the way up without being forced and felt and looked comfortable :-)  The enormous significance of this might be more clear when I tell you that the last time I was able to get into a size 14 dress was for my youngest son's christening, he turns 25 in October!  The feeling when I looked in the mirror has no price :-)

I intend to continue to follow the eating principles we've been taught, I also intend to keep up the exercise, I may have told you before, but my first meeting with John and Pamela was when we undertook a personal training program with them learning to do weight training and tabata (have I mentioned before I love tabata??)  So it will be back to the gym at least 2 early morning's a week for the next couple of months to lift some weights and keep the fat-burning going, as well as my regular running training and my new regime to train for my ultra marathon in August.  You'll need to hop over to Running through 2011 to see how I'm doing.
I am going to finish here I think, with a huge thanks to my new friends and fellow Guinea Pigs, we've encouraged each other along the way and some of them are continuing with the fitness camp - I'd love to but the logistics are just on the wrong side of manageable for the long term... at least at the moment.
So to Iain, Amanda, Vicki, Lauren, Gillian & Sarah, and of course John and Pamela - and also to my John for putting up with the 5am alarms and me often getting up before them...THANK YOU!!!!
One last thought...
And if you really want it then you'll achieve it :-)  Good Luck Folks xxx



1 comment:

  1. love this last one especially when you tried the wee item of clothing on. as you said its a feeling and look money can and never will buy. Well done! So proud of you and inspired by you and your unofficial coach ;-)

    ReplyDelete