Sunday 6 May 2012

BOGOF 28/28

NO!  I'm NOT being rude lol!  I was away overnight last night and didn't get a chance to post an update, so I thought I'd give you two for the price of one tonight :-)
I will post once more tomorrow, my final stats from the 4 week program that I have been following with John Allan and Pamela Halkett of Pinpoint-Fitness
Friday evening I told you a little about the Black Rock 5 race which I ran with some friends - mad... but I'll be entering again next year!  Friday was also a special day as it was our 5th wedding anniversary, and while we don't go in for all the commercial mush around flowers and cards and stuff, we did decide yesterday to take ourselves away for a wee break.  It's been ages since we've had the time and space to have some time completely to ourselves without training for or planning for or undertaking a race and whilst that's what we do and we love it, it's nice once every so often to have some chill time together.
We didn't decide until after we came back from parkrun yesterday, where we'd both had a good time pacing friends round the course.  We were lucky and got a late deal at the Thistle Hotel in Glasgow so off we went - we were sort of planning going through at some point over the weekend as John was going to Achilles Heel for new shoes - great shop with extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff!

Although we ate out last night, I tried to stick to the principles we've been following and I even checked in advance with Pamela that it was ok to eat mussels :-) We had a lovely dinner in the Mussel Inn on Hope Street, and the only naughty bit was we did have a bottle of bubbles in my new favourite watering hole - Citation in the Merchant City.  However we only have 1 anniversary a year so I didn't feel TOO naughty :-)

This morning we had a lovely walk along the river Kelvin then through the Botanic Gardens while waiting for the shop to open, then John got his new shoes, and a free pair courtesy y of a race he's doing in June - I gave into temptation and bought a new pair too :-)

aren't they pretty? 

Usually on a Sunday I would post my stats but because we've been away I'm going to do the weights and measures tomorrow so will post them then...


No comments:

Post a Comment