Wednesday 18 April 2012

10/28 OW! & WOW!

Thought I'd post the guinea pig eating the dandelion again today as we spent a fair bit of this morning's workout with our faces dangerously close to the grass! (it did smell sweet and fresh though)
This morning's session was titled "24" this meant that we did 8 different tabata exercises 3 times, 45 secs work, with 15secs rest in between. It was a toughie but goodie, but like I said before... I love tabata training :-)
There had been a lot of rain here last night and early morning so I was expecting it to be a fairly soggy morning, but it wasn't too bad and although it was cold when we started it wasn't nearly as cold as Monday and we soon warmed up. We had a potential new recruit this morning, a runner had his retriever pup with him and passed us, the dog couldn't decide whether to come join us or carry on with his run... he gave in to temptation and went off with his master eventually.

So what were the OW! and WOW! of the title?
If you are a friend on facebook you will already know the WOW as I was so pleased I posted it earlier today. I have a dress I wear for work when I want to feel important at meetings (only kidding!) a classic black shift dress which I like and feel smart in but I have always had to squeeze into it and would only wear it with a cardi or jacket so you didn't see the lumpy bits round the back/bust arms etc.
I decided to put it on today as I had to go to a meeting which I wasn't really wanting to go to but which I knew I'd feel better and more confident at if I was dressed smartly. I literally "slipped" into it - it was an awesome feeling and while wearing the dress helps me feel confident, knowing how easily it went on was an even bigger boost! I now need to take the skirt of it in about 2 inches as well :-)
so that was the WOW... the OW which I didn't think about til later on in the day was when after my shower this morning I went to dry my hair, and the hairdryer in one hand, the brush in the other, both held above my head made the triceps go OW!!
However the one thing that these both have in common is that they really prove to me the benefit of getting up early to do the sessions, and also the healthy eating - thanks again to John and Pamela at PinPoint Fitness!!!!

I think I've eaten a bit better today:
Breakfast: raspberries half a banana and yoghurt with some 4 seed mix
snack: apple
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with 2 thin slices of nutty bread
Dinner: salmon fillet with roasted veg - red, yellow, green peppers, baby tomatoes, courgettes

I had two cups of licorice tea today - it's not unpleasant to drink but it is a bit sweet for my taste, however I will persevere with it if only for it's reputed benefits and have drunk about half of my daily water intake so I might make it up before bedtime, though that will mean I won't have an unbroken sleep!

As well as the exercise session this morning I had a 4mile run with friends after work, we ran up Dumyat ( a wee hill near us) I found it hard going getting up the hill, this morning's session took it's toll on my legs, but I had a flyer of a run downhill, I love running downhills and I was going really fast tonight :-) It was brilliant!
have a good evening folks and tomorrow's Thursday so it's nearly the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment