Sunday 15 April 2012

7/28 A Long Day :-)

I think this is the most appropriate image for today's update all of the Guinea Pigs have reported fabby losses in lbs and cms/inches after week 1, well done everyone :-) Thanks to John and Pamela of PinPoint Fitness for the workouts and the wee prezzies which keep us motivated :-) That's us 25% of the way already!

The picture was painted on the road between miles 25&26 of Lochaber Marathon at Fort William which is where I've spent today. John was running the marathon so we were up early and heading off up the almost deserted road to Fort William by 7 this morning. It was a beautiful morning and the scenery was breathtaking in places, there is still a fair bit of snow on the high peaks and the sun shining on it was fantastic.
While I was waiting for him to finish the race, I took myself of for a 16km run, up Neptune's staircase ( a series of 8 locks = 8 equally sized small hills the same distance apart) and along the canal for a few miles. It was a good run and I was pleased that I did it today 15minutes faster than I'd done the same run last year. However John had a phenomenal run, smashing his PB by 9mins to come home in 3h22m! Not bad for 26.miles 385yds or 42.2km!

I've not eaten brilliantly today but have tried to stick to my regime as best I could,
Breakfast: Gluten free porridge with banana and honey
Lunch: A roasted chicken breast grabbed from Morrisons (other supermarkets are available) and I'd barely finished it when superman ran home!
Dinner: And this is where I was really bad but if you've been to FW you'll know how limited choices are... McDonalds =:-0 but it was a chicken salad!
Drunk lots of water and when we got home had some
blueberries, raspberries and yoghurt so tried hard :-)

Back properly on the wagon tomorrow and here's hoping for another good week! I think I might be a bit stiff at our workout tomorrow but that's what I get for running fast today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment