Wednesday 11 April 2012

3/28 Session 2

Well John wasn't lying on Monday, he upped the ante this morning :-) It was great though! Hard work and broke a sweat and was sore when finished but got the endorphins going and that's the best bit! My fellow GPs will probably disown me for the following comment but I love Tabata training!!

I genuinely believe that this is what has helped my running most in recent months, it teaches your body/brain that even when you think you're absolutely done, you can usually manage "one more!" Your anaerobic function becomes much better and it makes you stronger.
The weather forecast was wrong for this morning, it was forecast for rain, sleet, snow, hail and thunder but when I woke at 5am it was dry and the sun was just starting to lighten the sky, we did our workout under beautiful blue skies, and although it was a wee bitty nippy on the fingers at the start, we soon warmed up! We even had music this morning which was a nice wee addition and partially drowned the puffing and panting...

Today's menu - small banana and some water on way to workout
Breakfast: Brambles and yoghurt
Snack: Blueberry muffin
Lunch: Turkey stir fry (leftover from last night)
Dinner: Chicken pizza and salad leaves see picture - it's yummy!

I was quite sore later this morning after all the stretching we did but by dinner time that has eased and I feel pretty good tonight if a little tired due to the early start.

I need to try and fit in a run tomorrow at some point - might be lunchtime or after work - unless I waken early in the morning in which case I might try to get a wee run in before breakfast.

The beef madras for tomorrow night's dinner is bubbling away merrily in the kitchen and the aroma is very pleasant :-)
more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment