Tuesday 17 April 2012

9/28

And I'm proud to say I didn't eat any of them!!!!

Two friends and colleagues were retiring today so we decided to have an afternoon tea for them, myself and 2 other friends baked the goodies and lots of people came in over a couple of hours to have a cuppa, a cake and a blether and to wish them well. It was a lovely afternoon, but tinged with a wee bit of sadness as with all the reorganisation that's going on at the moment at work, their departure marks the end of an era... Our team will never be the same sort of team again :-(

It really wasn't too difficult to resist the temptation as I was busy making sure everyone had a cuppa and the plates were kept replenished and organising the presentations etc. I did manage to drink almost 2 litres of water throughout the proceedings though!

It was a busy day as I had to go to a software demonstration this morning through in Camelon, and then rush back to get the afternoon's festivities organised. I had intended going for a wee muddy run in the woods tonight - I was even lying in bed at 5.30am planning my route! However the hailstones/rain changed my mind for me, that and the tired legs from all the standing around this afternoon and running up and downstairs getting more cups etc etc.

I slept all night again last night - I can't remember the last time I slept 2 nights in a row! I did however wake just before 5.30am and enjoyed the luxury of just dozing til the alarm came on just after 6. Will be up at 5 tomorrow as it's fitcamp day :-)

What did we eat today?

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon and tomato
Lunch: some grapes and a banana in the car...
Dinner: chicken curry with loads of spinach in it served with broccoli and cauliflower rice.
no snacks today, not had time, I know it's probably not enough for the day in terms of being properly balanced, but some days you just have to do what you can :-)
However, as I write this I might just go and cut a slice of nutty bread and have another glass of water, then it will be time for early bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment