Saturday 28 April 2012

What a Fling :-)

What a day!
No photo again today, but just a really quick update to let you all know that we finished the Highland Fling, uninjured (a bit achey) but in good physical condition and good spirits :-)
I won't bother posting what I ate today because apart from porridge, a banana and a jaffa cake it wasn't very much!  I don't eat much when I'm running I don't like running with food in my stomach, but I do take a carb and mineral drink with me and that works for me.
I ran almsot 15miles with 555m of climbing - lots of hills! Then more hills!  Then a couple more climbs for good measure lol! But my amazing superhero husband ran 53miles in a few minutes over 12 hours - I am so proud of him - oh and he does eat when he's running, he's much much better at that than me as well :-)
OK folks off to try and sleep now,
more tomorrow...

Thanks for all the encouragement and supportive comments throughout today it really does make a difference x

1 comment:

  1. Well done Helen. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete