Friday 20 April 2012

12/28 Thank crunchie it's Friday!

On Monday morning, John promised us "something special for Friday".... Friday morning came, I woke about 5mins before my 5am alarm and got up and out and on the road.  The motorway signage made me smile this morning - 'don't drive tired' it said, No sh*t sherlock I thought :-) I wasn't really tired, just not fully awake...
However by the time I got to Cumbernauld and met my fellow Guinea Pigs we were all Bright and Breezy (John's catchphrase from week1!) and off we went. 
John started the session with the usual warmup routine, then said "you know the phrase Thank crunchie it's Friday?  Well we're not going to do crunchies, we're doing burpees" - I could hear Iain's heart sinking to his boots - I'm sure he won't mind me telling you he hates burpees :-)  I don't hate them I just can't do them, it's the one exercise I can't do with my poor old knee, it doesn't bend enough to allow me to either bend down or spring up, but I have modified exercises which I can do instead and I don't think I work any less than the others I just don't jump up and down as much as they do.  We had various variations of burpees, plain ones, narrow to wide ones, corkscrew ones, I'm sure there were more.... we interspersed them with  straighthrough lunges.  We then did 4 sets of tabatas, did I tell you before I love tabatas?  I was really pleased as I was able to do all the pressups without going onto my knees, 40 of them! The other tabata was a backwards lunge which was sometimes a bit wobbly after the pressups but still good fun :-)
Our pup from Wednesday came back to say hello today, he came a wee bit closer to us who knows he might be joining in by end of next week lol!

I've done well with my water intake today - just about to get another glass when I've finished this :-)
today I've eaten

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs
snack:  small banana with cherry and cinnamon tea
lunch:  veggie soup
dinner:  beef stew with carrots, green peas, parsnips

I'm not sure whether we'll be up in the morning for parkrun or not, I'd like to go but my knee has been sore today - although it's feeling better at the moment so it will be a case of setting the alarm and seeing what the morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment