Thursday 26 April 2012

it's my Friday :-)

I hope John and Pamela from PinPoint-Fitness don't mind me using their logo tonight.  I like to put a picture on the page, it helps me to think about what I'm going to write and I've sat for about half an hour trying to think about what I might write tonight and what I could use as a picture...
if you're looking for PinPoint-Fitness online then you'll recognise the logo.

I've had another day out of the office, I was presenting at a conference on transformational learning, it was quite an interesting day with input from a number of people - I had to speak about a project we are doing which has given every p7 pupil in one of our schools an Intel classmate notebook which they can use whenever they like in the classroom and can also take home with them.  It's really interesting watching how the kids use the devices and how they have developed as learners.

However, the downside of this is that I don't think my nutrition has been as good as it should have been over the past 2 days, I'm usually reasonably well organised and can prepare food so that I have the correct things to eat and drink, I managed ok yesterday but today wasn't as well planned.  The conference was in a hotel and lunch was provided, the last time I was at a similar event with this company, it was a restaurant lunch so I was pretty sure I'd get something that would be suitable for lunch.  Unfortunately today it was a buffet lunch so I managed to get a couple of chicken and salmon skewers and some salad - there was couscous, pasta, potato salad, mini steak pie - which I wouldn't even have eaten in my past life.  I feel quite tired and a bit woosy this evening so I guess I probably should have eaten more but I have the day off tomorrow so will get sorted out and back on track in the morning.

Today I've eaten
Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs
Lunch: chicken and salmon skewers with salad
Dinner:  Quorn chilli (rice for John)  I should have cooked some greens with it but I was a bit disorganised and didn't have any...

I have drunk 3L of water today - plus side of conferences there's always water on the table
OH and I ignored the bacon rolls which were provided for breakfast at the start of the morning!

I have decided not to go to tomorrow's early morning session - I am racing on Saturday and I think that my legs will benefit more from the rest as they're still quite tired from yesterday's workout - I will also hopefully benefit from a wee while longer in bed :-)
I'll miss the rest of the gang though!

Tomorrow night we are staying overnight in Milngavie so that we're there for John's early start and I can register the team for the relay so there might not be an update from me tomorrow.
It might be Sunday til I'm back online...

No comments:

Post a Comment