Sunday 29 April 2012

21/28

The fruit of my labours :-)  This is the medal we got yesterday for the Hoka Highland Fling race and even though I only did the relay it was a well earned medal!

I did the 2nd leg of the relay which is from Drymen to Rowardennan, just over 14 miles and with 555m of climbing, my superhero husband did the whole 53 miles!

We got home about 10.30pm last night and having been up since 5am it was a long day!  Never mind the adrenaline that was coursing through us all :-)  By the time we'd had a cup of Tulsi tea and unwound and caught up with life online, it was almost midnight when we got to bed.  4am I was awake, twitchy legs and overheating - normal reaction to a hard run :-) John wasn't any better so we got up and had a cup of tea and a slice of toasted nutty bread - hit the spot, back into bed by 4.30 and slept really soundly until 8am.  Both woke with the same thought, "let's go out for breakfast" :-) I had a load of manky  running gear to wash first though and as it was another gorgeous sunny day and windy, I was keen to get it out on the line first.
So after washing was on line we headed out to Bridge of Allan, there's a nice wee bistro there which does a good breakfast - and it is a nice treat once in a while to have someone else do the cooking and washing up!
Eggs, Bacon, tomatoes all allowed on a high carb day - lovely!
A wee quick trip to the local supermarket then home for a sleep - both of us were still very tired - it's felt like having jet lag today :-)  Neither of us have any injuries from yesterday, just the usual DOMS!  John has a wee blister on one foot but that's all.

That's us now starting our 4th and final week on the Destination Fat Loss program, it's gone in quickly, been hard work, made some new friends and had really good fun.  I've had good results so far and today was another pleasant surprise - I had been a bit worried about the results this week as I've struggled with work commitments and race prep towards the end of the week so haven't eaten as well as I should have, but I still managed to record another 2lb weight loss and another 4cm of fat burned off!

Today's menu
Breakfast:  Bacon Eggs tomato
Lunch:  just a banana as breakfast was really brunch :-)
Dinner:  Delicious chicken curry with savoy vabbage and kale medley

I've drunk about 2litres of water today - I'm still a wee bit dehydrated from yesterday but one of the side effects of that is that it is sometimes quite hard to drink - you just don't want to..

All in all a pretty good day, and tomorrow is my second fast day so that's me until tomorrow dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment