Thursday 19 April 2012

11/28

Why is it when you just get used to something they go and change it!!! Doesn't matter if it's whereabouts in the supermarket your favourite goodies are, or in this case, the user interface for the blog!! Arrggghhh!! So that's why I'm back with my wee mouse - it won't kill us and learning something new is always good... even if it means that your shopping takes longer!

OK that's todays moan over with :-)  Been an interesting day today, I had to go back to see the orthopaedic consultant and get the results of my MRI scan, when I'd seen him in March we'd had a wee bit of a spat as he told me I'd to stop running and I told him I wasn't going to, so I wasn't sure what to expect today...
He came out to call me in for my appointment and as we walked back down the corridor, he said "ah, my marathon runner"... Lying waiting on his desk for me was a model of a knee, I thought oh here we go, but in fairness to him he was much nicer than last time and went through the xrays and the MRI results in great detail.  The short version is that the cartilage I have left in my knee is in good nick, the bad news is that there's lots of other stuff going on, but as there was no acute trauma in need of immediate surgery he agreed to let me and my physio continue to manage the issue until such times as I can't carry on and then we'll reassess the options... He says I'll need a new knee but I'm too young but I hope to prove him wrong :-)

Had a reasonably good day food wise today, and have managed to drink most of my 3 litres of water and enjoyed a nice cup of tulsa tea this afternoon.

Breakfast was a deconstructed omelette - sounds interesting huh?  Bacon dry fried in a large pan, some rocket sprinkled on top then 4 eggs broken on top of that, we had half each and it was nice - easy way to get more greens into the meals :-)
Lunch:   tuna salad with some chickpeas, pepper, red onion and mixed salad leaves, spinach, watercress, lambs lettuce and a dark red one I can't remember name of.
Dinner:  Chicken fajita salad - I had lots of peppers to use up so peppers, onions, chicken, some paprika and chilli, served hot over the rest of the salad leaves above :-)
Snack:  a banana while waiting an extra half hour for my appointment...

no exercise today other than the walk through the hospital and the usual walking of a normal work day, it's an early start tomorrow for our Friday workout which promises to be "something special..."
Tomorrow's session means we're half way there!
I'll fill you in tomorrow evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment