Tuesday 24 April 2012

16/18 That was Fast...

My breakfast :-)
Today was my first Fast day and it wasn't too bad...
I had my last meal last night at dinner time until lunch today and it wasn't so difficult - I guess it's the thought of fasting that makes us shudder but given that I slept for 8 of them it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd imagined it might be.

When I got up this morning I was busy preparing the lunches so didn't miss sitting down to breakfast.  I'd made a chicken stir fry to have for lunch so that I had a protein and low carb meal to break the fast - it was yummy and I thought I'd be ravenous once I started to eat again but I wasn't... I've actually noticed over the last few days that I'm not eating as much as I used to I am rarely finishing a meal, I just feel full before it's finished, Pamela reckons this is because my body is getting all the nutrients it needs - it asks for more by making you feel hungry, so that's a good thing I guess.

I was back in the office today for work (only day this week!) but I had to visit a school which was within walking distance so I had a nice 20minute walk first thing today - better than sitting at desk all day...

Tomorrow I'm away to Glasgow again all day so there will be a bit of walking involved again which is good, and will carry on the fat-burning effects of tomorrow's workout - wonder what we'll get tomorrow?

Have boiled eggs for tomorrow's breakfast as I am going to have to take it with me tomorrow as I don't have time to come home after fitcamp - I will have to have a "babywipe shower" and get changed then head straight into town.  John from PinPoint Fitness suggested I shouldn't bother and should go straight to meeting and tell them that this was what real work smells like LOL!  (it's Scottish Government people I'm going to meet with!)

So a shorter menu today as there was no breakfast and no snacks
Lunch:  Chicken Stir fry with lots of leafy greens
Dinner:  Sirloin steak, spinach, red onion and cauliflower

Drunk my 3L of water and a few cups of tea - cherry and cinnamon, peppermint and tulsa teas today

Time to go get food and clothes organised for morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment