Wednesday 25 April 2012

17/28 - Ladders 2

And what worries us most is that there might be a 3rd set of ladders to climb!
In week 1 we did a session entitled ladders where we repeated a number of  exercises once, twice, three times up to 9 times, it was hard enough!  Today we did ladders 2 - I honestly can't remember how many exercises we did today but the ladder was a tough one to climb!  We did LOTS of high knees, LOTS of split squats and a new bad boy called a switch lunge - it incorporates a jump to switch legs and it's hard!  There were a fair few plank to pressups and mountain climbers thrown in for good measure so I think it would be fair to say we were all pretty "done" by time we'd climbed this particular ladder... We were however all still smiling :-)

I had back to back meetings in Glasgow today which meant I didn't have time to drive back from Cumbernauld to Alloa and get organised in time to get the 7.30 train to Glasgow so after having a clean up and getting changed in the salubrious surroundings of the ladies loos in Tesco I drove the half mile to Croy station where I ate my boiled eggs and drank my water before getting the train into town.
I was in the city before 8 which is a bit earlier than I needed to be, but that meant I had time to enjoy a leisurely peppermint tea in Starbucks and watch the "early morning crowd" - the people who are around in the morning are much more interesting to watch than the ones you get later in the day, or even in the evening...
I walked down to the Scottish Government building on Argyle/James Watt Streets, it's a 15-20min walk and it was a freezing cold wind that was blowing around the city so I walked smartly and hopefully continued the fat burning process kicked off on the ladders. After spending the morning and then afternoon in 2 different meetings it was an even brisker walk back up to the station as by this time the rain had arrived!
Driving home to Alloa I realised it was 12 hours since I'd driven in the other direction, it had been a long day :-) The weather has turned really nasty and it was wild and windy driving back - I hope it's passed before Saturday!!
I baked a nutty loaf this evening while the dinner was in the oven, looking forward to that on the high carb day :-)
Today is a low carb day which means I can't have any fruit or yoghurt - and have to have protein at every meal so breakfast was 2 boiled eggs - not desperately exciting but it was easy to prepare last night and take with me...

Breakfast:  boiled eggs
Lunch:  mackerel and salad leaves
Dinner:  Broccoli and watercress soup followed by
chicken rubbed with garlic and smoked paprika with the rest of the dark green salad

I took water with me today and so have managed to get to my 3L target, have had a blackcurrant tea, peppermint tea and tulsi tea.

My quads are this evening officially dead - R.I.P :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment