Saturday 14 April 2012

6/28 PJ Day!


Yep that's been me today, I don't do this very often, but once in a while life catches up with me and I'm ashamed to say that I have spent today in my pjs...

I woke up early as usual, but had a lie in until 7 (that's a lie in for me!) and decided when I got up that I wasn't going to go to parkrun as I'd originally intended. I still thought I might run a couple of miles later on in the morning with John but in the end I didn't. It was a 'fine drying wind' this morning so got 3 loads of washing done and dried outside and baked some macaroons for a tea-party next week, and then another nutty loaf. John went for his run on his own, I just didn't have any energy, so I decided to save it all for tomorrow as I am determined I am going for my run tomorrow at Fort William.
After lunch I slept for an hour and feel a bit better for it, so then it was time to watch my donkeys run in the National and bring the washing in :-)

So, not much to report today, got a few £s back for 3rd place in the National, won't let me give up work but might buy a beer for John and George when they finish their race tomorrow.

Today's menu was
breakfast: Gluten free porridge with banana, drizzle of agave nectar and a spoonful of yoghurt
( I tried the millet porridge but it was too gritty so used gluten free oats instead)
lunch: Chicken stir fry, chicken breasts with broccoli, cabbage (red/white/green) onions, carrots, beansprouts
snack: slice of nutty bread
dinner: sirloin steak with brussels, cauliflower, carrots ( & baked potato for John)

On a positive note though, I am not as stiff/sore after yesterday's workout as I thought I might be I hope this means that I'm quite fit and my recovery is good, and not that I'm not working hard enough!!
will be heading for an early bed tonight as we're up at 0530 to head to Lochaber for marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment