Thursday 12 April 2012

Tonight's dinner - beef madras with cauliflower/cumin rice - delicious!!

Ok day 4/28 and had best sleep for ages last night, ok to backtrack a little... when I came in from yesterday's session, I had really achey legs they knew they had done a lot of stretching! As the day wore on though they eased and by evening I was really pleased at how they'd recovered. So I am sure this contributed to my good sleep :-) I woke this morning feeling refreshed and all day have felt "bright and breezy" I've felt like my eyes are properly open, my hair which is a good barometer of my health, has been bouncy ( a good sign) and my legs whilst they remind me I've been working them, aren't sore.
I feel a little guilty today that I haven't run since the weekend, this is partly because I've been tired from the early mornings, have been busy cooking when I've come home, and because I've had a little bit of "can't be gassed"...
I am however looking forward to the weekend as I have 2 runs planned, we are going to Falkirk parkrun on Saturday morning where John is going to pace me round the course to see if I can go a little bit faster than before and get another PB, if I don't get it this time I won't be too disappointed as I've got much faster in the last few weeks and it's now about shaving off half a minute or so not the 5min chunks I managed before! Sunday morning will see us up early as we're off to Fort William, John is running the Lochaber marathon, and I will go for a longish run - 2hrs or so while he's away out on the course. This will let me be back at the sports centre with time to get cleaned up and changed before the winner comes home :-) It was a great event last year, not a huge field and not a huge support, but a very genuine support and a great atmosphere. It was also a beautiful warm sunny day last year - we'll settle for dry or showery this year! (forecast is pants!)
I will go and run up the locks at the canal, there are 8 of them - Neptune's staircase and it's a good workout to run up them all and then I'll trot along the canal path for a few miles and turn back.
So what have I eaten today?

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with toasted nutty bread
Snack: small banana and decaf green tea with lemon
Lunch: leftover chicken pizza with mixed leaf salad
Afternoon snack: blueberry muffin and tulsi tea
Dinner: beef madras with cauliflower cumin rice

Feeling quite sleepy now but still feeling brighter and more refreshed than I have for a few weeks - don't think I feel quite so stressed...

Tomorrow morning is our 3rd fitness session so I'll be up at 5am so it's another early night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment